How to register
To learn more about the Halifax County security camera registry and to register:Register Here!
How the security camera registry program works
When a crime happens, the security camera registry program helps us quickly locate the nearest cameras. If you choose to register your camera:
- We will contact you to ask for video if we need it for our investigation.
- We CAN NOT access your camera. We simply know where your camera is, which is helpful if a crime happens nearby.
- Registration is free and does not require any hardware or a subscription.
- You can de-register at any time.
Who can see my camera information
Only authorized users can access the information:
- We don't have direct access to your cameras. We will only use the registry to contact you to request footage if there's a crime in your area.
- Your data is classified as protected and is not public data. The information can’t be disclosed in a public data request.