On-site video visitation is free with a HomeWAV account.
Create an account. Visit Homewav.com or download the free mobile app on your phone. Select "sign up here" option.
All on-site visits MUST be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance via HomeWAV.com, HomeWAV mobile app or HomeWAV Visitor Support.
Click "Schedule on-site visit" and choose available time in green. (Inmate MUST accept/decline requested time in order for visit to be scheduled.)
Receive confirmation. All on-site rules, regulations, and availability are set by the facility. The visit will start at the scheduled time.
Video Visitation Rules
- All Video Visitations are monitored and subject to recording for the safety, security and in the best interest of the Halifax County Detention Center.
- Visitors are NOT PERMITTED to use any additional cameras, and/or video devices, telecommunications or recording devices in an attempt to record or duplicate a video visit either on-site in the visitation lobby at the Halifax County Detention Center or off-site prior to, during or at the conclusion of a video visit. Violators may be subject to termination of their Video Visitation privileges.
- For those visitors using our on-site lobby Video Visitation option it is recommended that you arrive to prepare for your visit ten minutes prior to the start of the visit. Should you arrive late the visitation appointment time will be held but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
- Only those who have been approved by the Halifax County Detention Center to visit by Video Visitation shall be permitted to visit.
- Video Visitation may be denied to disorderly persons.
- Visitors who are believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to complete a video visit.
- Visitor’s must be properly attired to visit. (Male visitors are required to wear undergarments under their clothing, shirts, pants, and shorts at all times during the visit. Shorts may be no shorter than mid-thigh and may not be provocative exposing upper thighs, genitalia, buttocks, or extremely tight. Shirts may not expose the breast or midriff. Female visitors are required to wear undergarments under their clothing. Wearing of see-through or transparent, low cut and/or revealing clothing, halter or tube tops shall not be permitted. Tank top blouses or dresses with thin spaghetti straps and blouses with cutouts shall not be permitted. Shorts may be no shorter than mid-thigh and may not be provocative exposing upper thighs, genitalia, buttocks, or extremely tight. Dresses and skirts with slits higher than two inches above the knee shall not be permitted. All buttons shall be kept buttoned at all times. Wrap-around skirts shall not be permitted. Provocative clothing that exposes the breasts, midriff is extremely tight, off the shoulders or any style which exposes any part of the breast shall not be permitted. Visitor’s attire deemed inappropriate by Halifax County Detention Center staff shall be denied a video visit.)
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, or any other type of disruptive behavior shall not be permitted. Visitors shall not deliberately incite or engage in an argumentative conversation with an inmate or any other person during Video Visitation.
- Presence of nudity or sexual conduct during Video Visitation shall not be permitted. Actions of this type shall result in loss of Video Visitation privileges.
- All inmates and visitors are to follow the instructions of Halifax County Detention Center staff. Failure to do so may result in a loss of Video Visitation privileges.
- If any court of record imposes a no-contact order or temporary restraining order between the inmate and a potential visitor, no Video Visitation will occur.